Johnson Duffie opened its doors in 1914, when John E. Myers opened his law office at Third and Market Streets in Lemoyne, PA. Seven years later, he was joined by his brother, Robert L Myers, Jr., and since then our firm and areas of expertise have steadily expanded.
Today, we are a multi-disciplinary, full-service practice offering a broad range of experienced attorneys uniquely prepared for meeting the increasingly complex legal challenges of the 21st century. The tools of our brand have changed greatly during the last 100+ years, but our commitment to our clients has not.
1913 – Robert L Myers, Jr., a professor of law at Dickinson School of Law joins practice and the firm becomes Myers and Myers. Our attorneys today continue this tradition, serving as adjunct law professors of trial advocacy.
1921 – Robert L Myers, Jr., a professor of law at Dickinson School of Law joins practice and the firm becomes Myers and Myers. Our attorneys today continue this tradition, serving as adjunct law professors of trial advocacy.
1948 – West Shore Chamber of Commerce Charter Member Our partners were instrumental in its organization. Our commitment to the business community continues today.
1949 – Public school code adopted. School law has gotten much more complex since then. For more than 50 years, we have helped school districts navigate through these turbulent waters.
1954 – Firm called Myers, Myers & Flower
1955 – Governor George M. Leader appoints Robert L. Myers Jr. to serve as Secretary of Banking for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in which he served for eight years, having been appointed by Governor David L. Lawrence in 1959.
1956 – The area’s first new hospital in over a century is incorporated. Holy Spirit Hospital will open its door seven years later, treating its first patients in early 1963.
1963 – Unit Property Ave is enacted. We are among the first area firms to enter into the realm of condominiums. We are proud to have helped develop some of the largest and most complex commercial and residential projects in central Pennsylvania.
1968 – Municipalities Planning Code adopted. As attorneys for many municipalities and countless real estate developers, we had to lead the way in applying modern land use practices.
1978 – Firm called Myers, Myers, Flower & Johnson
1980 – No-Fault Divorce Act adopted. Twenty-five years later, our firm’s attorneys pioneer collaborative law and other forms of alternative dispute resolutions as a better way to assist individuals through the difficult process of family breakups.
1984 – Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Law enacted, radically changing the auto liability law in Pennsylvania. Our trial attorney were among the first to tackle this new concept. This is no substitute for experience in the courtroom when the stakes are high.
1985 – Firm name changed to Myers, Johnson, Duffie & Weidner
1987 – The firm creates Assured Land Transfers, Inc. to supply the added protection of title insurance to lenders and buyers of real estate.
1995 – Firm name updated to Johnson, Duffie, Stewart & Weidner, P.C.
2008 – PA Trucking was created to represent motor carriers, tractor-trailer drivers and their insurers across Pennsylvania with regards to truck accidents and motor carrier violations.
2014 – 100 Year Celebration We celebrated a century of service to the Central Pennsylvania community. We look forward to another century of excellence.
2015 – American Land Title Association (ALTA) established a best practice framework and assessment procedures for title insurance and settlement companies in order to protect consumers and lenders.
2016 – Assured Land Transfers, Inc. (ALT) receives Best Practice Certification from Total Trust Accounting in accordance with American Land Title Association (ALTA).
Winner of the US News Best Law 12 Consecutive Years Since 2010